MMASC Mentorship Program
MMASC Mentorship Program
Are you a student interested in the field of municipal management? Are you an early or mid-career professional thinking about your next move?
Are you a director, mid-manager, management analyst or a professional in the public sector with 3 or more years of experience?
If you answered yes, the MMASC Mentorship Program is for you! Through this program, experienced professionals will have the opportunity to give confidential guidance and support for professionals interested in or are entering the field of government administration.
Goals of the Program
- To provide participants with the opportunity to better understand the critical aspects of municipal governance, operations and administration from their peers in a mentorship setting.
- To transition knowledge, skills and best practices among experienced managers.
- To provide a learning and sharing environment for both the Mentor and the Mentee.
The program is application based and is open to any MMASC Full or Student member who would like to be either a Mentor or a Mentee. An participation fee is not required for MMASC Full or Student members. If you are currently not an MMASC member, you also have an opportunity to participate in this program as long as you meet the criteria to be a Full or Student member; however, a $50.00 application fee would be required to participate in the program. The Mentor should be a Full member and have a minimum of three years working with a public agency and related administrative experience. Mentees should be interested in or currently working at a public agency.
The MMASC Mentorship Program duration is one year.
- Participants must meet or communicate periodically, preferably at least once a month.
- Mentees must attend one MMASC regional and signature event.
- Mentees are encouraged to participate in planning/coordinating at least one MMASC event or committee.
Application Form and Matching of Mentees with Mentors
A call for applications will be issued annually each Winter. Applications are now closed for the 2020 program. We look forward to you participating in next year's program!
Mentee Application - CLOSED
Mentor Application - CLOSED
MMASC members who wish to be mentors/mentees are required to complete and submit an application and provide information about their experience (resume), interests and expectations for the mentorship relationship. Mentees will be matched based on their experience, interests and expectations for the mentorship. Applicants will be contacted by the mentorship chair with additional details.
Please feel free to send email to firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions and comments. The 2020 MMASC Mentorship Program Chair is Justine Garcia from the City of Rancho Cucamonga.